Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Third day on the weight loss journey

Okay so I forgot to mention what I have done for exercising so far. On Monday 8-1-11, I walked/jogged on the treadmill for a total of 4 miles. On Tuesday 8-2-11, I walked/jogged on the treadmill for a total of 10 miles. Crazy I know, and it took me 3 hours to walk 10 miles at an average speed of 3.5 it was tough but it felt so refreshing to just keep going. I don't plan on doing 10 miles everyday just due to eventually over whelming and/or over working myself. and I don't want to hit a point of wanting to quit. I do however plan on walking at least 4 miles everyday and working up to more miles each day. Although, Sunday will be my day off. Also starting today 8-3-11, I am going to drink a Lean Shake for lunch every day to start helping me cut back on calories and also over eating. It will also give me the fibers and protein I need to lose weight. The shake I'm drinking is from GNC it's called LEAN SHAKE, it's swiss chocolate flavored. It's not too bad, I use water. I tried it a while back when I first bought it with milk and it was really good, today I used water to make it even more healthier and it's still not bad... I will do this until the Shake mix is gone just so I'm consistent. Well I'm off to go walk on the treadmill, later on today I will do another small post to let you know how many miles I felt I could do today. Remember, if you don't push your self one extra notch each time your not going anywhere. I've realized that if your routine is the same nothings going to change... if you change up your routine at least once a month your body will go WHOA I'm not use to that, let me work harder to catch up. Also, I've heard if you eat AFTER you work out you lose more weight because if you eat before, you're too full and usually stuff yourself and do poorly on the workout. If you work out first you tend to be less hungry therefore when you eat after your work out you eat less. :)

As my mom has said before, don't catch your self saying, "I wish I stuck with it 6 months ago I could be closer to my goal weight" start now so in 6 months down the road you could be at your goal weight or closer to it instead of saying I'm gonna start tomorrow or on Monday. It'll never happen if you procrastinate.

2 comments:

  1. So I guess realizing Nolan will be home from his mission in 8 weeks is a little late to dream about ripped abs? haha Okay, so ripped abs wasn't in the plan anyway but I LOVE this post.

    Right now, I'm thinking I don't want to even be 60 and realizing I should have eaten healthier long ago. I'm really going to work on eating healthy too! Thus far, I'm a major fail but no more procrastinating. You have such a smart mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do, and if you make a healthy breakfast/lunch/dinner for your family instead of just trying to accommodate your self you'll be better off, and so will they. :)

    ReplyDelete