Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 2 of my weight loss journey... kinda


Hello, my name is Ally and I am obese. Sit down buckle in and keep your hands and feet inside at all times! Let the journey BEGIN!

***Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems. Body Mass Index (BMI), a measurement which compares weight and height, defines people as overweight(pre-obese) if their BMI is between 25 and 30 kg/m2, and obese when it is greater than 30 kg/m2 . I have a BMI of 31.6...

In February 2011, after my dear husband Les left for a year deployment in Iraq, I decided that I would stop drinking sodas and start drinking lots and lots of water. Then, at the same time, I decided I was going to work hard at getting to my goal weight... 135 lbs...when I started in February I weighed a whopping 215 lbs (as shown in picture the day Les left for Iraq) wearing a size XL in a t-shirt and a size 16-18 Gap jeans and a size 18 dress. From February to now August, I've lost a total of 25 lbs in 6 months now wearing a size L-M in t-shirt a size 10 in Gap jeans and a size 10-12 in a dress. Woot! Woot! not as good as I had hoped... So now I am starting with a new approach, its called exercising more! I was doing moderate exercising, like walking a mile here and there.... Then in April I started riding bikes with my dad, that went on for about a month.... So here I am once again on the road of losing weight. Here are my stats: I am 5'5 and according to google and weight/height/BMI calculators for my height I should weigh any where from 114 lbs to 149 lbs, I feel that 135 lbs is a good median so thats my goal weight as of now... may change later on down the road depending on if I start looking freakishly skinny... so, a healthy BMI (body mass index) range for me is 18.5 to 24.9.... right now I'm at a 31.6 BMI which is considered OBESE according to Wii Fit and my handy tools I get from google search. My start weight as of 08-01-11 is 192.2 lbs which is 57.2 lbs away from my goal weight of 135 lbs. I hope to be closer a lot closer to my goal weight when Les comes home in end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2012, that gives me 5 to 6 months. Wish me luck!!!

Future Fit Ally, HERE I COME! :D


4 comments:

  1. I believe in you! And if you need someone to exercise with you anytime let me no. Also I wanted to tell you, when I was losing weight I would drink a slim fast for breakfast I thought it really helped :) good luck even tho I know your gonna do it!holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be great! I'm working on doing the same thing - I have slacked off all summer, but started exercising again at the gym yesterday and watching what I eat. No more sweets and snack foods and eating healthier meals! Good luck to you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Woot! Thanks for sharing your awesome blog. I RARELY get on FB so I'm extra excited I saw your blog post! I am so excited to follow your adventure. You're the best and I absolutely adore you - fun for me to be inspired by you. Way to go Ally! You are a totally brave girl. I admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all very much.... I really appreciate all the comments and followers!!! It really helps me stay going and also hopefully inspires someone else.

    ReplyDelete